Dogs Off-Leash Parks/Areas in Boise
If you want to take your dog to the park check out this great list of locations.
- 4 Dog Off-Leash Parks & designated foothills trails (available everyday from sunrise to sunset). Feature mulch or sand surface materials; no green grass.
- 7 Dog Off-Leash Areas (available for off-leash use during designated hours) in developed multi-use parks with green grass, restrooms and irrigation.
Dog Off-Leash Area for Ann Morrison Park (Currently CLOSED until next November)
Ann Morrison Park is a great location to take your dog but it is only open in the Winter Months.
Essentially, all areas east of the fountain are available for off leash use from November 1 – February 28, Sunrise to Sunset, in Ann Morrison Park. Areas from the fountain to the west are restricted to prevent user conflicts with the Winter Disc Golf Course. Signs with maps identifying the approved area are installed by November 1 each year and taken down upon completion of the allocated off-leash time (February 28).
Dogs and the owners should be sure to follow the City’s leash and pick-up ordinance going to and coming from the designated off-leash area, and follow the Dog Off-Leash Rules and Regulations while visiting the park.
Know The Rules: Boise City Code
- Dogs are required to be licensed (BCC 6-07).
- Dogs may not harass humans or other animals (BCC 6-07).
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in an area otherwise indicated (BCC 13-03-06).
- Owners are required to remove fecal matter deposited by their pets (BCC 13-03-06).
- Dog Off-Leash Parks & designated foothills trails are available everyday from sunrise to sunset. Feature mulch or sand surface materials; no green grass.
- Dog-Off Leash Areas are available for off-leash use during designated hours. Multi-use parks are fully developed with green grass, restrooms and irrigation.
- You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior and any injuries or damages he/she causes.
- By entering the dog off-leash area, you do so at your own risk and agree to abide by all park rules.
- Never leave your leave the area without your dog(s), leave them unattended, or allow them out of sight.
- You are required to carry the equipment necessary to clean up after your dog. Remove and dispose of waste in bins provided.
- Always carry a leash; leash dog(s) when entering/leaving park.
You can find a great interactive map on the City of Boise website!
Enjoy the Dogs Off-Leash Parks Boise