Making Sense of Cat Litter
We have scooped a lot of poop and we have our favorite Cat Litter to share with you!
If you just adopted a cat congratulations! We love cat sitting and spending time with your fur baby while your are away. We have scooped tons of cat poop lol It’s just what we do! Over the years we have scooped some horrible smelling poop, lavender scented poop, eco-friendly litter and everything other type of litter.
This stuff is wonderful! When you scoop the lovely kitty presents it refreshes, it doesn’t fill the space with dust and it does a wonderful job at keeping odors down. It clumps really well and it is easy to pour out the of box. We have had cat litter (cheap stuff) that was so dusty it gave us a headache!
Each cat might have a different preference on what kind of litter they like best.
Types of Cat Litter/Things to Consider:
- What Material is it made from? You can get clay, clumping, bio-degradable or crystal base litters.
- What does your cat like?
- Does it create Dust? We have had client who had very dusty litter which was not pleasant to work with at all.
- What fits best into your cat care style? Do you want to scoop often? Do you want to toss the entire thing and not deal with it? Are you worried about the environment ?
- What is your budget for litter? It is a big responsibility to have a cat. Litter is one of the things you will need to purchase if you have an cat.
- What Scent do you like? Lavender? Fresh Clean? All Cat Litters smell different so maybe one works great but you can’t stand the smell you might try a different type of cat litter.
- Do you want Flushable litter? (We won’t flush litter!) If you like flushable litter that is wonderful! We do not want to responsibility of your toilets not working because the “flushable” litter didn’t work. We will gladly scoop everyday, toss it in the trash and refresh the cat litter as needed. Once you return you can go back to flushing it : )
What type of litter do you use?
What type of litter would your recommend to other cat owners?
Leave us a commend and we would love to hear from you!