Make Your Own Dog Treats
Dog Treat Recipe Fido Will Love!
We are always looking for great dog treat recipes for our pups. They love just about anything we give them so making these homemade treats was fun. You can find a lot of Dog Treat Recipes on our Pinterest Page so take a look, pin and share.
Recipe From King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick (Winco has a bulk item section and you can get an assortment of oats)
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Special Dry Milk or nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (We used fresh eggs from our Chickens)
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or plain
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cold water, enough to make a cohesive dough
How to Make this Dog Treat Recipe
5) To make biscuits using a dog-bone cutter, roll the dough about 1/4″ thick, and cut with a 3 1/2″ cutter (or the size of your choice). Gather and re-roll the scraps, and continue to cut biscuits until you’ve used all the dough.
6) To make dog “cookies,” drop the dough in walnut-sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten them to about 1/4″. (We made the ones in the picture a bit thicker and next time we will make them thinner)
7) Bake the biscuits for about 40 to 60 minutes, baking the smaller cookies for a shorter amount of time. When finished, the biscuits will be dark golden brown, and will be dry and crisp all the way through.
Yield: about 42 larger (3 1/2″ dog-bone) biscuits, 60 smaller (round) biscuits.
Our first batch of these treats we made them thicker then we realized we should have but they were enjoyed just the same. Next time we make this dog treat recipe we will make them thinner as they are easier for doggies to eat.